Thursday, June 28, 2007

My Journey and A Thought For Today

My journey began in 2005, and I'm finding that this is turning out to be a long journey . I knew then that it would be, but I figured (for some odd reason) that along my journey, all my awakenings would drop out of the sky and just slap me in the face, just like it was in July of 2005, but the actual awakening to many other things came around in August of 2005. It was like a light bulb went off! I'll never forget that day! I was standing in the middle of the living room when I threw my hands up in the air and said "Enough". On many occasions, I still find myself going back and reading and re-reading and reading again the following words:

A time comes in your life when you finally get it...when, in the midst of all your fears and insanity, you stop dead in your tracks and somewhere the voice inside your head cries out...ENOUGH! Enough fighting and crying and blaming and struggling to hold on.

~~

It is something very real and well worth the fight, the struggle, the tears and even pain! Because at the end, you'll find yourself in a peaceful place...
Much to my surprise, I find myself struggling a bit right now. I'm learning that who I thought I was since High School and for the years to follow up until 2000, is someone that I can't find anymore. Maybe it's not a bad thing, if I really think about it, but my passion for art, drawing, gardening, taking care of my family is hard to attain again. These passions that made me so unique and different from anyone else, I can't get a grasp of. I don't know who to blame, really though, I can only blame myself for allowing such beautiful traits to be stripped from me. I allowed these traits to be stripped. I was naive... maybe there is another word for it, either way... I'm still struggling. I know that these traits are there. I know they are. I can't be so anxious, I know that I have to be patient and let God do his work, he has a plan and I just need to sit back and enjoy everything that he has brought my way and continues to bring my way. I love you PC... I love my new job... I love my kids....

Meanwhile...

A Plan For Today
Include God in every aspect of your life's journey, including the plans that you make and the steps that you take. But beware: as you make plans for the days and weeks ahead, you may become sidetracked by the demands of everyday living.

If you allow the world to establish your priorities, you will eventually become discouraged or disappointed, or both. But if you genuinely seek God's will for every important decision that you make, your loving Heavenly Father will guide your steps and enrich your life.

A Thought to Jump Start Your Day
God has a course mapped out for your life, and all the inadequacies in the world will not change His mind. He will be with you every step of the way. And though it may take time, He has a celebration planned for when you cross over the "Red Seas" of you life.
Charles Swindoll

No comments: