Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Importance of Words

*I can't begin to say how much I yearn to live by this scripture. I am always seeking to be a source of encouragement to others. I have failed on many occasions, and at times, the kindness has been to a fault, so much that it has bitten me in the worst possible way. I just wish everyone could live by this, if only it were a perfect world, but it's not. There are many things in this world that I don't understand, and never will, but I will keep on living in my little world with my hopes and my dreams of someday seeing that perfect world, that is, when God is ready to bring me home.

So then, rid yourselves of all evil, all lying, hypocracy, jealousy, and evil speech. As newborn babies want milk, you shold want the pure and simple teaching. By it you can grow up and be saved.

1 Peter 2:1-2 NCV

How important are the words we speak? More important than we realize. Our words have echoes that extend beyond place or time. If our words are encouraging, we can lift others up; if our words are hurtful, we can hold others back.

Do you seek to be a source of encouragement to others? So avoid angry outbursts. Refrain from imulsive outpourings. Terminate tantrums. Instead speak words of encouragement and hope to your family and freinds, who, bythey way, most certainly need all the hope and encouragement they can find.

A Thought to Jump Start Your Day
Words. Do you fully understand their power? Can any of us really grasp the might force behind the things we say? Do we stop and think before we speak, considering the potency of the words we utter?
Joni Eareckson Tada

No comments: