Friday, June 1, 2007

You Can Love the Unlovely

This scripture of the day was sent to me by my loving sister this morning. I had a difficult week-end and week as well, something that should have been a special celebration of my childs birth, resulted in nothing but anger, hate, resentment and disappointment for alot of people. I won't rehash the specifics, but know that this has been very hard on a few people.

I whole heartedly believe in unconditional love, this just makes it more real for me. I want to be one of those people that just "might" make a difference in someones life. I was hoping I could be that one in this case, I failed on Monday, and I have asked God for foregiveness and I know that I have received it, but I also know that I have to let go and let God take care of it all now. So.... in saying that, I leave you with the scripture that was sent to me.

Thank you sis, for signing me up to receive devotional email messages from Joel Osteen Ministries.

When browsing the internet for "Unconditional Love" I found the website above (click on the jpg) and the story line has me intrigued, I'll be looking for the book.

You Can Love the Unlovely

“Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.”
(Romans 12:21)

God says you need to love even those people who are difficult or seemingly impossible to love. The mark of true believers is the love they have for each other and for those who are not part of God’s family. Did you know there usually is a reason that some people are very difficult to love? More than likely, part of the problem is that they don’t have enough love, which means they need your love the most of all! You have your own personality, and it probably meshes better with certain other personalities. But even with the differences between people, you can still love others with the love God has shown to you. You will be amazed how much things will change if you just take that first step of faith and love the unlovely people around you. They are desperate for love and friendship, and you might make all the difference.

A Prayer for Today

God, give me Your unconditional love for the hard-to-love people in my life. I want to show others what Your love is all about so they will be drawn to Christ. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

No comments: