Thursday, June 28, 2007

Is Your Life Addressing These Questions to You?

What has brought you to this place in your journey, this moment in your life?

What gods, what forces, what family, what social environment, has framed your reality, perhaps supported, perhaps constricted it?

Whose life have you been living?

Why, even when things are going well, do things feel not quite right?

Why do you believe that you have to hide so much, from others, from yourself?

Why does life seem a script written elsewhere, and you barely consulted, if at all?

Why does the idea of your soul trouble you, and feel familiar as a long-lost companion?

Why is the life you are living too small for the soul's desire?

Why is now the time, if ever it is to happen, for you to answer the summons of the soul, the invitation to the second, larger life?

Finding Meaning In The Second Half of Life - How to Finally, Really Grow Up

*I found myself picking this book up again last night. I had bought it a few months back, started reading it and either because it just didn't quite fit my "then" current situations in life, or because life got hectic, I put it aside until life slowed down enough.... Well, I picked it up again... I picked it up for a reason, and the questions that are facing me right now in my life, I have to say that they are all similar to the ones listed above.

I had recently told PC, that as much as I love to read, I rarely will sit and read through a book in one sitting. I tend to read various books at once all over a staggered amount of time. So, here I am, picking it up and attempting to read through it again.

I will say though that I do have a book at home that I picked up at the local Half Price Book Store and haven't been able to put that one down... House of Spirits and Whispers: The True Story of a Haunted House. I have always been intrigued with hauntings, spirits and such. Well, this is just a bit of my reading interests at this time.

No comments: