Monday, March 12, 2007

A Beginning To a New Me

My awakening had started some drastic changes in my life; how I saw things, how I interpreted things, how I saw other people in my current life, my past and those to come in to my life.

One of the things I realized after my two failed marriages was that, no one was going to walk up to me and say here; let me take care of you. I had to break the co-dependency. It was up to me, solely me, with the help of God. All my life, I have depended on others; to take care of me and my children, to take care of the bills, to take care of the cars, the house (honey-do’s), the list goes on. This was more than an awakening for me. This started a whole new revolution for me, a whole new world, a whole new life, but most importantly… a whole new “me”.

There is actually life after divorce and broken relationships, even from someone that could be so controlling and someone that laid much insecurity in my life. Where to begin???

I really didn’t know where to start. I had to deal with being really hurt, plus figuring out the single life, plus dealing with being alone. My kids are all grown up and out of the house. It was tough, but very well worth the struggles, tears, pain and tribulations, and there was no way around it.

First off, I had to get myself connected with some real good people, people that would understand to some extent my struggle and my hurt.

Secondly, I needed to learn whatever lessons there were in these failed marriages to help me prepare for falling in love again.

I have always lived on faith and trust, always. Faith has always played a big part of my life, but I had never placed all my trust in Gods’ hands, not completely that is, until now.

One of the ways God works is though other people. Solomon Said, “Two are better than one. …If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!”

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Some of these people will just show up in your life, sent at just the right time. Others you have to seek out. They can range from professionals to a neighbor or friend.

One of my next posts will be a listing of important qualities to look for as you select your support team.

Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. And lo, no one was there.
~Author Unknown

2 comments:

~^^~L*C~^^~ said...

sugar cat... i love what you said about Eccles. 4:9-10. What can I say? but U showed up in my life during a lonely time and encouraged me to blog again and form friendships again "via blogging." I am so thankful for that!

a faith bigger than fear said...

So glad that you came back to blogging, you write wonderfully, and you have so much to share with many of us as well. Your faith is awsome. Don't hold it back, share it and you will reap from it and grown in many more ways than you can even imagine.

I hope that I can continue to be a good friend, via the blog world, none the less... I'm here for that support, you can count on that!