Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Awakening I

This is a favorite of mine and a reminder for myself as to who I am, who I need to be and what I am working towards in my new life…

Upon browsing the net... I came across this poem that seems to scream quite a bit of what my life has been in the last 9 months... I felt compelled to just share it with those around me as I know for a fact that I'm not alone in this world and that we all have our own stories...

These thoughts are lengthy, but very well worth the reading. I assure you! At the end of it all, I will direct you to the website, but for now, I'll relay the message in spurts... so much of Victorya Casanova's words have already been experienced by me, so much that I sat here and nodded and smiled. Yet, many of her thoughts and words are still to be experienced and learned and my arms are wide open to my full AWAKENING! I think I'm more than half way there...

An AWAKENING is not a short synopsis of sorts. It is something very real and well worth the fight, the struggle, the tears and even pain!Because at the end, you'll find yourself in a peaceful place...

AWAKENING

A time comes in your life when you finally get it...when, in the midst of all your fears and insanity, you stop deadin your tracks and somewhere the voice inside your head cries out...

ENOUGH! Enough fighting and crying and blaming and struggling to hold on.

Then like a child quieting down after a tantrum you blinkback your tears and begin to look at the world through new eyes. This is your AWAKENING.

You realize it's time to stop hoping and waiting for something to change, or for happiness, safety and security to magicallyappear over the next horizon.

You realize that in the real world there aren't always fairy tale endings and that any guarantee of "happily ever after" must begin with you...and in the process a sense of serenity is born of acceptance.

You awaken to the fact that you are not perfect and that not everyone will always love, appreciate or approve of who or what you are...and that's OK. They are entitled to their own views and opinions.

You learn the importance of loving and championing yourself...and in the process a sense of new found confidence is born of self-approval.

more to come....

No comments: