Thursday, August 20, 2015

Treasurers in Hardships

Today's Devotional Reading from YouVersion...

Grief Bites: Finding Treasure In Hardships 

"This Bible plan shows how we can find great treasure through the hardships we face in life." 

I read this today in my YouVersion Plans... and it hits home on many levels... and made me think of the many trials, storms and losses I have endured. 

We all experience some form of tragedy, heart ache, loss, devastation and disaster, and I always try to remember that someone else out there, one of God's children, may be experiencing something much harsher than I....  and I stop to Praise Him through my storm, my loss, my struggle and heartaches... BUT I have never found myself questioning Him as to "Why?". I have experienced much strife and heartaches, stress and worry through my years... I have found myself so caught up through the shifting ground and winds of these storms, and I know that much of them came from the free will we have, but there's those events in our lives, such as the one expressed in this plan that we have no power or knowledge of what's coming ahead.

"We liv e in a world of utter loss. There are no easy answers. But we do serve a God who does not willingly bring grief to anyone. It is not God who is the source of devastation, it is always the enemy who casues horrendous heartache, devastation, and disasters."

"Cry out to God today and ask Him to help you repair the broken pieces of your heart and life."

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10 New International Version (NIV)

Readings:
Psalms 130:1-2, Psalm 34:18, Psalm 130:5, Lamentations 3:33, John 10:10, Psalms 121:1-2


No comments: