Sunday, September 15, 2019

Give me strength and courage to pray for those around me who do not yet know your name

God still touches the lives of those who do not even heed his name. As with the Epistle Paul, it is not for us to pass judgment or rancor on unbelievers, but rather it is up to us to offer our prayers, our thanks, or goodwill to the Lord upon their behalf, so that each and every one might have the opportunity to find their own salvation.

Prayer

God Almighty, give me strength and courage to pray for those around me who do not yet know your name. For those who need your word Lord, help me turn them towards the light. Help me not turn them away with condemnation, but do your work in spreading acceptance and benevolence. Grant me God, the generosity of spirit and the kindness of heart, to help grow our congregation. Give me all this, Lord, so that voices of the many may multiply, and the psalms offered up to your name may grow. Amen.

No comments: